Data Center Solutions
A structured cabling solution is critical to any efficient communications network. 10X Communications applies the following methodology and best practices so that we can be proud of each and every project that we take on:
- Proper cable and patch panel labeling using the guidelines presented in the TIA-606 standard simplifies and streamlines moves, adds and changes.
- When dressing and bundling cables within the rack, cable ties should not be cinched too tightly, and should take advantage of vertical supports that can aid in preventing cable from blocking airflow.
- Cable routing through openings in raised floors requires the use of gaskets or grommets to promote correct static pressure under floor and increase cooling efficiency.
- Using blanking panels to fill all open spaces within the rack improves hot aisle/cold aisle isolation.
- Vertical managers that promote correct cable bend radius and help manage cable volume help ensure optimal system performance.
- In any instance where fiber optic or copper cables are terminated using connectors or plugs, proper bend radius of cable helps to prevent strain at the connection which can degrade system performance.
While cable management may not be the first thing you think about when planning and building your data center, it shouldn’t be your last. Through employing simple and focused techniques, you can help ensure optimal system performance and mitigate the impact of large cable volumes on airflow, cooling and energy efficiency. Industry-leading expertise, innovative cable designs and a commitment to true customer service set 10X Communications apart from other structured cabling installation vendors.